Welcome to the Bell Charitable Foundation Grant Application page! We are thrilled with your interest and excited about the potential partnership and impact that we can make together.
Our application process will consist of questions about your organization’s mission, what initiative this grant might fund, and how it would impact your organization, community, and cause as a whole. We can’t wait to hear about the wonderful things you’re doing in your community and how we can help.
If you have specific questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
At The Bell Charitable Foundation we believe in the powerful union of people and technology. That’s why it is our mission to advance the common good through investment in organizations that actively champion economic and social mobility, advancements in technology, improvements in health and well-being, and environmental sustainability. The Bell Charitable Foundation provides an opportunity for nonprofit organizations to expand their programs and operations beyond what was previously possible.
The Bell Charitable Foundation funds organizations that are making an impact in one of our four pillars. Our pillars are:
- Economic and Social Mobility
Project that intend to lift at-risk populations to higher stability, status and success in their economic or social standing.
- Environmental Sustainability
Projects that intend to diminish the harm made to the earth and nature in our communities, or improve access to nature spaces.
Projects that improve access to, literacy in, and advancement of technology.
- Health and Wellbeing
Projects that intend to improve health of all kinds (mental, physical, and emotional) for all members of our communities.
More details of each pillar can be found on our About Us page.
The Bell Charitable Foundation expects the organizations to which it provides funding to hold themselves out as organizations that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military/veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Eligible entities must be U.S.-based, tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations as defined in the Internal Revenue Code.
Due to regulatory considerations and the Foundation’s funding focus, the following entities and activities are not eligible for funding from The Bell Charitable Foundation:
- Nonprofit organizations without a current 501(c)(3) exempt status
- Political, labor, and fraternal organizations
- Religious organizations without a secular community designation.
- Individual sports teams and sports tournaments
- Trips and travel
- Festivals and parades
- Tickets to events
Grant application and reporting requirements
The Bell Charitable Foundation reviews applications quarterly. The Foundation is supporting nonprofit organizations geographically where altafiber and its entities have a significant presence.
After funding, The Bell Charitable Foundation would like to receive periodic updates on the progress of the program and will work with organizations regarding timing. This will include metrics, photos and feedback from those impacted to gauge the impact made from our grants.
All of these details will be included in our Funding Agreement which will be signed by all involved parties upon receiving funds.
How to apply
The Bell Charitable Foundation will be awarding grants for Economic and Social Mobility!
The application will open on August 15th and close on September 19th.
Steps to Apply for a Bell Charitable Foundation Grant:
- Determine the best time of year for your organization to apply, based on the schedule above. If you have questions about which pillar you might fall under, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use this link to access our grant application!
- The application will open on the first of the month, and close at the date listed above. You will have four weeks to complete it.
- Please confirm on the schedule above that it is the correct quarter for your application to be submitted. Applying on time is the best way for your application to be considered and reviewed by our Foundation Board!